How do you open the case on this ASUS wireless router?
- Tools required
- Phillips screwdriver, #1
- Remove antenna by hand
- Remove rubber feet by hand
- Remove warranty screw with screwdriver, to void warranty
- Remove three more fixing screws with screwdriver
- Lift top gently from back, until front releases
The interior of the WL-500g Premium.
Do you want to replace the miniPCI radio?
- Disconnect main radio antenna lead by prying up gently with a fingernail.
- Tip up the front of the circuit board and pull gently to the front to remove the board form the enclosure
- Adhesive foam connects the mini-PCI radio to the main board. Cut through this foam with a knife blade
- Retract the miniPCI retaining clips and tip up the miniPCI radio to remove